Biomedical & Biohazardous Waste Disposal in Quebec
If you’re craving an escape to a historic European city without the associated jet lag, you won’t have to look far. Québec, where 95% of the population is French speaking, is a province known for its charming European heritage. You’ll definitely need to brush up on you Francais if you want to get around smoothly here. Second to Paris, Montreal, Québec is the world’s largest French speaking city.
Of all the Canadian providences, Québec is the largest. With more than 1/2 million lakes and 400 rivers occupying its surface, it is a nature lover’s delight. In fact, the word “Kebec” is an Algonquin term for where the river narrows proven true in the Province Capital, Quebec City, where the Saint Lawrence River narrows to a scenic cliff-lined gap. Founded in 1608, Québec City is one of the oldest cities on the Canadian continent. Surrounding the capital, you will find the picturesque Chateau Frontenac. With a whopping 4.6 kilometers of walls, this fortress makes Québec City the only walled city north of Mexico. In 1985, it was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
While Québec City is known to be a hidden gem, Montreal is quite the opposite. Historically, Montreal was the commercial capital of Canada, until surpassed by Toronto in the 1970’s. Locals can take refuge from the chilly winters in the underground city running beneath this vibrant urban jungle! This underground town, known as RÉSO, has everything you need from universities, food halls, shopping center, grocery stores, fitness centers, office towers, and convention centers all interconnected by Montreal’s 32km long train system.
Each year, the Québecois celebrate winter’s arrival with the largest winter festival in the world, known as the "Carnaval de Québec". It is here where the Hotel de Glace (The Ice hotel) is built from scratch using 400 tons of ice and 12,000 tons of snow. You might recognise the adorable snowman mascot, known as “Bonhomme” as the official ambassador of the Québec Winter Carnival. This jolly character sports a red cap, black buttons, and a traditional French Canadian sash. With one million annual attendees, this fest has boosted culture, economy, and local history.
Canadians care as much about their culture as they do about their environment. In fact, more than 99% of the energy produced in Québec is renewable and almost entirely hydroelectric. Daniels Health is committed to a sustainable future for our environment, making us the ultimate healthcare partner for green initiatives in Québec. In Quebec there are 3 major governing bodies that regulate the handling, transport and disposal of biomedical waste:
Collège des médecins du Québec
Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du québec
Institut Nationale De Sante Publique Du Quebec
Biomedical Waste Management With Care
Daniels Health is the leading healthcare waste management provider to Quebec patient care facilities. We have an established and widespread reputation for driving innovation in the healthcare waste sector. With over 8,200 customers across North America, and world-leading sharps container that has proven significant reductions in needlestick injuries, labour, and infection control risk, Daniels is the leader in modern biomedical waste management. Daniels’ four-walls approach to healthcare waste focuses on clinical, environmental and cost outcomes across all waste streams, including:
With a robust national operational structure, we are driven to provide everything your facility needs to ensure your biomedical waste disposal needs are met. Our national licensed fleet is geo-tracked to provide transparency on cradle-to-grave disposal and our drivers are trained and experienced in the handling of biohazardous wastes. Daniels Health provides peace of mind; we don’t use third party services or contractors, and our highly trained staff work with your facility to collect, transport, treat and locally dispose of your waste. In addition to this, we use only the most environmentally responsible treatment methods in accordance to regulatory guidelines to minimize our carbon footprint.
ASK US FOR A WASTE CONSULTATION
Quebec hospitals produce 85% of healthcare related waste in the province. The remaining 15% comes from clinics, dental offices, laboratories, and homecare.
According to Quebec’s Environment Quality Act, the Regulation Respecting Biomedical Waste defines the following categories as biomedical waste:
human anatomical waste (body parts or organs),
animal anatomical waste (carcasses, body parts, organs),
cytotoxic waste must be identified as such and disposed by incineration (Refer to this LIST)
Daniels Health understands the needs of healthcare facilities in Quebec.
Contact us and see how we can help your facility better manage biomedical and biohazardous waste disposal.
888 952 5580 Request a quote