The Daniels Chemosmart system introduces a new modern standard of Cytotoxic waste management.
Whether in a bulk liquid aqueous form or trace residue, cytotoxic substances are harmful to humans and the environment and need to be managed with strict clinical oversight. Daniels cytotoxic waste containers deliver the industry's first "no touch" cytotoxic waste disposal solution designed to minimise infection risk, protect staff in the disposal of drug contaminated sharps, IV bags, tubing and PPE, and significantly reduce plastic waste and costs from the cytotxic waste stream.
A standard disposable cytotoxic waste bin system typically requires 7 touches! From container assembly to disposal into secondary packaging for transport, it encounters unnecessary risk, costs in staff labour and, through spill-risk and hand-required operation, exposes the potential for cross-contamination. Our cytotoxic waste bin, the Chemosmart, provides:
- Handsfree operation reducing any potential infection transfer risk
- Mobile systems allow the containers to be as close as possible to the point of generation
- Reusability eliminates labour required to assemble and package for transportation and the risk to staff
- Dual cytotoxic waste containers provide on the spot segregation of PPE and Sharps, reducing risk for staff disposing of the waste
- Each reusable cytotoxic waste bin saves 500+ disposable plastic containers from landfill
- Eliminates the cost of disposable container purchases
DOWNLOAD BROCHURE READ THE BLOG